Nursing & Midwifery Discretionary Fund
Awards can be made to assist UK nursing students with general living costs, accommodation, essential course costs and, in some circumstances, partial help towards childcare costs. You are eligible if:
- You are a UK student, or are from another country and satisfy the SAAS residence conditions to be treated in the same way as a UK student for student funding purposes
- You are attending a pre-registration nursing and midwifery course of study
- You have applied for the full student maintenance support such as nursing and midwifery student bursary and allowances available to you. Parents should also have claimed all other allowances from SAAS or other UK awarding body, Tax Credits and free nursery places etc., as provided by their local authority.
- You have explored all other options open to you, including the maximum overdraft available to you on a student bank account.
- You are able to demonstrate financial hardship.
- You have NOT received an award in the 23/24 academic year.
To be considered for this funding opportunity, you must complete the General Application and Living Cost Questions. Once submitted, we will automatically match you to the funding opportunities that you could be eligible for, which may include this one.