The Eileen Brown Scholarship
The Eileen Brown Scholarship is provided in memory of Eileen Brown and supports undergraduate students in the School of Health and Social Care at Edinburgh Napier University, who would otherwise be unable to complete their studies without financial assistance, for the course of their degree.
One successful student will receive £1,500 per year for the duration of their full-time, three-year degree (total award £4,500 per student). Future year payments will be dependent on submission of a progress report, and successful academic progression at Edinburgh Napier University. Awards will not be granted for repeat or gap years.
To be eligible for the Eileen Brown Scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
• Must be a current student in year one of a full-time undergraduate degree in Midwifery or Nursing at Edinburgh Napier University
• Be a Scottish student for fee purposes
• Have previously studied at a high school (secondary school) within the City of Edinburgh Council Local Authority area
• Be able to demonstrate financial hardship
Preference will be given to students who meet the above criteria and who:
• Attended high school in Leith
• Come from an underrepresented background (https://www.napier.ac.uk/study-with-us/widening-participation)